Monday, March 25, 2013

We won!!

Hey Everybody! Last week was Teen Talent. I had so much fun! It was nice to get away for a couple days and to spend time with my friends. All the work was sooo worth it!

We left on Friday, drove close to five hours, stopped briefly at our hotel, got some dinner and went to service....

I don't know what it is about those youth services, but the presence of God is so powerful. He got to me really quick. I'm sure it helped that I was dealing with some things already (pride, jealousy, and intercession for my family). But I ended up on my knees, shoutin' the devil down. Then Brandon Kelly, our District Youth Director for PCG, spoke about the theme word for Youth Camp this year.. FOUND! I'm already getting excited for camp, and its months away. But that's what the fire of God does to you. I'm excited just thinking about it! 

But, on to competition!

We didn't go to bed until about 1:30 a.m. Not exactly prudent, but we did it anyway. ( It wasn't all fun and games.  Four of our entries were supposed to lyrics for our songs we were singing. So after we went to Steak and Shake at about 11:00 o'clock ( Yummy!) we returned to the Hotel and practiced our vocal ensemble. After that we had to find a computer lab and a printer. I had to type out my lyrics since I wrote the song. But the lady at the counter didn't even make us pay for our papers. She was really sweet.)

So the next day was competition day. The Hotel we were at had said there would be provided breakfast, but NO. So one of our leaders went and got us doughnuts. Thanks, Sonya! It took us a while to get our bags out of the Hotel, but we did it and, breaking with JFWC tradition, got there with time to spare. (This was honestly due to the fact that two of our leaders were judging and had to go to a judges meeting before competition.)

The competition started with one of my friends siblings. Then one of the kids from of my youth group sang. I think he surprised all of us. He got second place! One of my friends had a solo singing "Mirror" by Barlowgirl and danced to "I am" by Finding Favor. She got First Place in interpretive. I sang my solo and performed my dance. "Sing me a love song" by Barlowgirl.  We performed our Human Video, and got 1st place!!!  Our vocal ensemble got 2nd!

It was exciting! I give God the glory for it. Honestly my favorite part was praying with my friends before each performance. Those were memories to treasure for a life time.

Emily

P.S.
I'm going to post the videos of our performances on YouTube. I'll post the links in my next post if you're interested. God Bless!
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...